Building Your Scale Model
Connect with us so that we can discuss your department, your community and your vision for a scale model. If our program is a good fit for your department, we'll cover the basic program requirements, timeline, and tips to move things along.
Then we'll create an effective marketing plan with the decision-makers at your department. We'll discuss licensing, promotion, fundraising, press releases, marketing materials, social media and more. This part of the process is critical as we develop a plan to make sure that your investment fulfills your goals.
Once we receive a collective order from your department or community organizations for the minimum quantity, we proceed to build a prototype. Following various reviews and approvals, the prototype moves into production and shipment.
- Detail: Fire Replicas are razor sharp. Our goal is to accurately feature each detail so that you might notice something new each time you study the model.
- Materials: High-def resin and stainless steel comprise the two primary materials. Others include wire, rubber, acrylic, spin cast metals, and other composites.
- Functionality: Although the models are extremely accurate and detailed and may appear to be able to move, all parts are non-functional and may break if force is applied. Remember, these are museum grade replicas, not functional toys.
- Display Case: Each Fire Replica is on display in a museum-quality acrylic display case to protect and preserve the unit.
- Nameplate: An etched stainless steel nameplate features the department and truck name, and the department seal.
- Packaging & Shipping: Each model is packaged in a mail order box to protect all contents.
- Quantity: Minimum production quantities are as low as 250 pieces.
- Pricing: 2019 pricing for pumpers is around $270/pc. Ladders, towers, and platforms range from $300-$350, and Tillers around $400. Terms are 50% at project start, 50% upon completion.
- Timing: Completion is usually 9-12 months from the time PO and deposit are received.